How to Treat Your Mom to an Experience She Won’t Forget
“Mother’s hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.”
Mother’s Day is just around the corner and you want to show your mom how much you love her, right? Luckily, we know a thing or two about creating meaningful moments and we are going to share them with you!
Location, Location, Location
Mother’s day is the perfect excuse to take your mom (or wife) for a weekend getaway to the Oregon Coast. Overleaf Lodge provides the “wow factor,” with spacious oceanfront rooms, mesmerizing views, and the added appeal of our tranquil spa facilities. Whether you choose a Whale Watcher or Cook’s Galley, for a mother/daughter getaway, or a Restless Waters or Inglenook room, for a husband/wife babymoon retreat, her heart will swell with joy!
Set the Stage
You’ve chosen the location; now it’s time to set the stage. Moms work hard all year and deserve some pampering on their special day. Imagine her surprise and delight if she were to enter her room and discover a lovely arrangement of fresh flowers, chocolates, wine, and spa treatment vouchers! Our Ultimate Spa Package* makes it easy for you to spoil her in a way that she will love.
*Please reserve special packages at least 48 hours in advance.
Make It Special
Relax, Mom! How many times has a mother heard those words? Now you can give her the gift of relaxation with a rejuvenating treatment from Overleaf Spa. With an enticing menu of spa treatments to choose from, our knowledgeable therapists can help design the ultimate spa day catered to her specific needs. Be sure to take a look at our spa promotions, also. We can’t spill the beans, yet, but a special Mother’s Day treatment will be available beginning May 1st!
*Based on availability. Please reserve your Overleaf Spa treatments as far in advance as possible.
Breakfast in Bed
Mom spends enough time in the kitchen; she shouldn’t have to cook on her special day, too. If you are spending the weekend at Overleaf Lodge, we have breakfast covered. Escort her down to breakfast in our beautifully decorated lobby, or show her how much you care by bringing her a tray filled with fresh fruit and savory delights, so she can enjoy a carefree morning in her room, with nothing more important to do than immerse herself in the boundless beauty of the Pacific Ocean.
Just in case you aren’t staying with us, you can still treat mom to a morning of relaxed indulgence with the following fun and easy breakfast recipe. Pair with a steaming cup of coffee and a side of crispy bacon and she will know she is loved.
French Toast Fruit Skewers
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup 1% buttermilk
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf (one-pound) unsliced dense white bread (I used French bread), crusts removed and cut into 1”pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 teaspoon confectioner’s sugar
- Blueberry sauce (or warmed, smashed blueberries mixed with blueberry syrup)
- Preheat oven to 250. Place a rimmed baking sheet in oven to warm. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, salt and vanilla. Stir in bread.
- In a large sauté pan set over medium heat, melt 2TBS of butter. Place half of the bread mixture in pan; cook, stirring occasionally with tongs, until browned on all sides. To keep warm, transfer to the oven. Cook remaining bread in the remaining 2 TBS butter as before.
- Thread bread cubes onto skewers, alternating with blueberries, raspberries, and banana slices. Dust skewers lightly with confectioner’s sugar. Serve drizzled with blueberry syrup.
Recipe courtesy of http://www.fabfatale.com/2014/08/french-toast-fruit-skewers/
Quality Time Together
There is no shortage of stunning views in the Yachats area, and if you don’t feel like venturing far from the lodge, a walk along the historic 804 Trail can provide you with a smorgasbord of amazing sights and sounds. But for those who like an experience a little more off the beaten path, spring is the perfect time to take a walk through the relatively unknown Ya’Xaik hiking trail and the connecting public footpath through the privately owned Gerdemann Botanical Preserve. This one-mile loop will take you on an enchanting journey through a lush, second-growth forest, where you can see large leaf rhododendron, Oregon grape root, berries, fungi, wildflowers and nurse logs.
Call us today at 800-338-0507 to reserve packages or spa treatments. You may also reserve your room online.