This light station is located right on Yaquina Bay at the North end of Yaquina Bay Bridge in Newport. It was built in 1871. It is the only such facility with a combined keeper’s dwelling and light tower.
Replaced in 1874 with Yaquina Head Lighthouse, it is now maintained as an historic exhibit. It is now operating as a privately maintained aid to navigation by the U.S. Coast Guard. Open as a museum daily, except for holidays.
For more information regarding fees, tours, and hours of operation call or visit their website.